Departments: Dipartimento di Impresa e Management
- Dipartimento di Impresa e Management
Michela Altieri is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Luiss Guido Carli. Her research interests are corporate finance, corporate governance, and empirical banking. Also interested in the relationship between the business groups’ formation, the debt pricing, and the internal capital markets working.
- 2020- present LUISS Guido Carli, Rome. Assistant Professor of Finance.
- 2017- 2020 Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Assistant Professor of Finance (tenure-track).
- 2015-2017 SAFE - Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany. Post-doctoral Researcher
- 2011-2015 University of Turin - Collegio Carlo Alberto. Ph.D. in Economics.
Honours and Fellowships:
- 2015 AFA Student Travel Grant for the Annual Meeting.
- 2014 8th Portuguese Finance Conference. Best doctoral paper award.
- 2011-2013 University of Turin. Full grant for doctoral studies.
- 2017-2019 VU University - Master Program in Business Administration: Master course in Financial Management. Executive Education: Part-Time Master Program in Business Administration: Master course in “Valuation and Corporate Governance.” Master Theses Supervision
- 2015-2017 Goethe University of Frankfurt, Master in Finance: Research Seminars in Empirical Corporate Finance. Master Course in Corporate Governance.
Non-Academic Professional Experience
- 2005- 2010 Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena Spa. Corporate Portfolio Manager.
- 2005 San Paolo Imi Asset Management Sgr (Milan). Financial Analyst.
Seminars and Conferences
- 2017-2020 ESCP Europe; LUISS, Department of Business and Management; 7th Workshop in Macro Banking and Finance; ESSFM- Gerzensee 2019; 7th MBF Workshop; University of Bonn- Finance Department; Aalto University, School of Business; 2015 China International Conference in Finance; Corporate Finance Day- Antwerp; HEC Montreal; University of Maastricht; Bank of England; ECB; NOVA School of Business; University of Melbourne; VU Amsterdam; World Finance Conference; EFA.
- 2014 -2016 Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH); Tilburg University Frankfurt School of Management; SAFE – Finance Seminars; 21ST Spring Meeting of Young Economists; Goethe University; University of Luxembourg; Paris December 2014 Finance Meeting EUROFIDAI – AFFI); Portuguese Finance Conference.