Lakshmi Balachandran Nair
Dr. Lakshmi Balachandran Nair is an Assistant Professor (Research) at Department of Business and Management at LUISS Guido Carli University. Lakshmi’s work mainly focuses on the rigor, transparency, ethics, and impact of qualitative management research. Her other research interests include business ethics (ethical dilemmas in business, methodology in business ethics etc.). Her articles are published in various academic journals (Organizational Research Methods, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Management Inquiry, Research Synthesis Methods, Scientometrics, M@n@gement, Qualitative Research in Psychology, to name a few). Lakshmi has also published case studies (with Sage Research Methods Cases and Sage Business Cases), book chapters (with Academic Publishing International), and a book (with Financial Times Press).
Regarding teaching, Lakshmi has coordinated and taught courses at Bachelor, Master, and PhD levels for universities in Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom, and India. She also supervises and mentors PhD candidates and organizes knowledge dissemination events at international conferences and universities. For her research and teaching, she has won several awards (Academy of Management Best Paper Award, British Academy of Management Best Full Paper Award, Global Innovation and Knowledge Academy Legate, ISS Emerging Scholar Award, ECRM Teaching Research Methods Excellence Award). She has also received multiple grants from Swiss National Foundation, USI Equal Opportunities Services, Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences, and Utrecht University Faculty of Social & Behavioural Sciences.
Before joining LUISS, Lakshmi was an Assistant Professor at Utrecht University, The Netherlands (2016-2020) and a PhD candidate at Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland (2012-2016). During her PhD candidacy, Lakshmi also spent time as a Visiting Scholar at Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Germany (2015-2016) and Hanken School of Economics, Finland (2014). Recently, she was also a Visiting Professor at Universita della Svizzera italiana (2019-2020). For more details about Lakshmi’s work, please visit her website: www.lakshmibnair.com.
- Nizet, Jean; Fatien Diochon, Pauline; Balachandran Nair, Lakshmi (2021). When Commitments Conflict: Making Ethical Decisions Like a Funambulist. MANAGEMENT, p. 44-58. ISSN 1286-4692. https://dx.doi.org/10.37725/mgmt.v24i1.4497.
- van Grootel, Leonie; Balachandran Nair, Lakshmi; Klugkist, Irene; van Wesel, Floryt (2020). Quantitizing findings from qualitative studies for integration in mixed methods reviewing. RESEARCH SYNTHESIS METHODS, p. 413-425. ISSN 1759-2887. https://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jrsm.1403.
- Balachandran Nair, Lakshmi (2020). From ‘whodunnit’ to ‘how’: Detective stories and auditability in qualitative business ethics research. JOURNAL OF BUSINESS ETHICS, ISSN 0167-4544. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10551-020-04479-4.
- Gibbert, Michael; Balachandran Nair, Lakshmi; Weiss, Matthias; Hoegl, Martin (2020). Using Outliers for Theory Building. ORGANIZATIONAL RESEARCH METHODS, ISSN 1094-4281. https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1094428119898877.
- Hafeez Hoorani, Bareerah; Balachandran Nair, Lakshmi; Gibbert, Michael (2019). Designing for impact: The effect of rigor and case study design on citations of qualitative case studies in management. SCIENTOMETRICS, p. 285-306. ISSN 0138-9130.
- Balachandran Nair, L; Diochon, Pf; Lassu, Ra; Tilleman, Sg (2018). Let’s perform and paint! The role of creative mediums in enhancing management research representation. JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT INQUIRY, p. 301-308. ISSN 1056-4926. https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1056492618760723.
- Balachandran Nair, L (2018). Conference Report: Scientific Integrity in Qualitative Research (SCIQUAL) Seminar 2017. FORUM: QUALITATIVE SOCIAL RESEARCH, p. 1-8. ISSN 1438-5627. https://dx.doi.org/10.17169/fqs-19.1.2964.
- Balachandran Nair, Lakshmi (2016). Rigorous, transparent, and eye-catching: Exploring the universalistic parameters of impactful theory building in management. Università della Sivzzera italiana, p. 1-262. ISBN:
- Balachandran Nair, L; Gibbert, M (2016). Analyzing inconsistent cases in management fsQCA studies: A methodological manifesto. JOURNAL OF BUSINESS RESEARCH, p. 1464-1470. ISSN 0148-2963. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2015.10.126.
- Balachandran Nair, L; Gibbert, M (2016). What makes a ‘good’ title and (how) does it matter for citations? A review and general model of article title attributes in management science. SCIENTOMETRICS, p. 1331-1359. ISSN 0138-9130. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11192-016-1937-y.
- Valikangas, L; Gibbert, M; Balachandran Nair, L; Paukku, M; Peixoto, I (2015). Strategic Innovation: The definitive guide to outlier strategies. Pearson, p. 1-288. ISBN: 978-0-13-398944-1