Titolare di Insegnamento
Full Professor, Luiss University
- 1998 Stanford University, Ph. D. in Economics
- Laurea in Economics, magna cum laude.
- Research Interests
- Industrial Organization, Applied Micro, Labor.
- Other affiliations
- Research Fellow, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF)
- Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), Research Affiliate
- 2014-2017 Rodolfo DeBenedetti Professor of Entrepreneurship, Università Bocconi
- 2012-2014 Professor, Luiss University
- 2006-20012: Full Professor, University of Cagliari
- 2004-2006 Head of the Industrial Organization Unit, Bank of Italy, Research Department
- 2003-2004 Harvard Economics Department, visiting fellow
- 1998-2004 Economist, Bank of Italy, Research Department
Recent Selected Publications
- "Credit within the firm", with Luigi Guiso and Luigi Pistaferri, Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming.
- "Does Idiosyncratic Business Risk Matter for Growth? ", with C. Michelacci, Journal of the European Economic Association, forthcoming.
- "Entry Barriers in Italian Retail Trade", with E. Viviano, Economic Journal, Vol. 121, pp. 145-170, 2011.
- "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?", with L. Guiso, Journal of the European Economic Association, Vol. 9, Issue 1, pp. 61-86, 2011.
- "Skill dispersion and Productivity: an Analysis with Matched Data", with S. Iranzo and E. Tosetti, Journal of Labor Economics¸ Vol. 26, pp. 247-285,
- "Strategic Experimentation and Disruptive Technological Change," with M. Schneider, Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 11, pp. 386-412, 2008.
- "Spillovers in Industrial Districts", with Luigi Guiso, Economic Journal, Vol. 117, pp. 68-93, 2007.
- "Insurance within the Firm", with L. Guiso and L. Pistaferri, Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 113, pp. 1054-1087, 2005.
- Other professional activities
- Co-author of the Report to the Prime Minister for the reform of the firms subsidies system ("Rapporto Giavazzi")
- Member of the panel for the research assessment of the Italian University system (GEV), 2011-2012.
- Member of the founding group of EIEF
- Member of the Panel for Economic Policy, 2010-2012
- Member of the Editorial committee of lavoce.info (for my policy articles there, see http://www.lavoce.info/lavocepuntoinfo/autori/-redazione_lavoce/pagina662.html)
- National coordinator for the Italian PRIN grant Labor and Finance, financed by the MIUR for the years 2012-2014
- Coordinator for the regional grant "What generates an entrepreneur?", 2011-2012
- Institute for Exceptional Growth Companies, grant for the project A comparative analysis of firms' post-entry performance: the US and Italy, entailing access to the US firm level data of the Institute (November 2011).
- Local coordinator for the Italian PRIN grant Corporate Ownership, Control and Governance, financed by the MIUR for the years 2007-2009
- Coordinator for the regional grant La valutazione delle politiche scolastiche della Regione Sardegna, 2010-2011
- Participants to the IAREG and EFIGE projects, financed by the EU within the seventh framework