Established on March 12, 1986 at LUISS, the Center’s purpose is to research business law. Specifically, the Center, by statute:
- Promotes and supports basic research at the University
- Does research on general interest topics for other entities and bodies (by request)
- Organizes lectures, seminars, conferences and other related activities to promote research; issues certificates showing attendance and advancement
- Publicizes the results of studies and research through reports
- Stipulates conventions with other Universities and university research centers in Italy and abroad in order to carry out the aforementioned activities
- With the contribution and recommendation of other Italian and foreign entities, associations and organizations, provides support for researchers, making an annual commitment for no more than five items each year.
The Center began its operations in January 1987.