- 2015 to present - Full Professor of Corporate Finance, Department of Business and Management, Luiss Guido Carli University, Rome
- 2006-2015 - Associate Professor of Corporate Finance, Department of Business and Management, Luiss Guido Carli University, Rome
- 2002-2006 - Assistant Professor of Corporate Finance, School of Engineering, University of Bologna
Areas of research: Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Financial modeling, Financial valuation, Intellectual property
- Department of Business and Management
Other academic appointments
- 2017 to present - Director, Laurea Magistrale in Corporate Finance, Luiss Guido Carli
- 2015 to present - Associate Dean for Post-graduate Programs, Luiss Business School
- 2014 to present - Director, Master in Business Administration, Luiss Business School
- 2011-2014 - Director, Master in Corporate Finance, Luiss Business School
- 2006-2009 - Co-Director of the Research Project “The Economic Valuation of Patents” (EVPAT) funded by the European Investment Bank under the EIBURS Measure
- 2005-2006 - Director, Corporate MBA, Alma Graduate School, University of Bologna
- 2002 - Ph.D in Management, Università di Bologna
- 1998 - Laurea in Business and Economics, Luiss Guido Carli University, Rome
- 2001 - Research Fellow, Research Department, Bank of Italy,
- 2000-2001 - Visiting Scholar, Department of Economics, University of California at Berkeley
- 2009 - Finalist, SMS Best Conference Paper Prize for Practice Implications, 29th Annual International Conference of the Strategic Management Society, con Maria Isabella Leone
- 2007 - Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management Annual Meeting
- 2005 - Finalist, Gate2Growth Academic Network European Best Paper Award, con Federico Munari and Maurizio Sobrero
- 2005 - Best Reviewer Award, Technology and Innovation Management Division, Academy of Management Meeting
- 2003 - Finalist, Award for Outstanding Dissertation Research, Business Policy & Strategy Division, Academy of Management
- 2003 - Finalist, McKinsey/SMS Best Conference Paper Prize, 23nd Annual International Conference of the Strategic Management Society
Associate Editor for Finance Research Letters (from 2014)
Ad-hoc reviewer for Academy of Management Journal, British Journal of Management, Economics Bulletin, European Management Review, California Management Review, Industrial and Corporate Change, Industry and Innovation, International Journal of Management Reviews, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Journal of Management and Governance, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Multinational Finance, Management Science, R&D Management, Research Policy, Review of Industrial Organization, Scientometrics, Strategic Management Journal
Main publications (last 10 years)
- Cappa, Francesco; Oriani, Raffaele; Pinelli, Michele; De Massis, Alfredo (2019). When does crowdsourcing benefit firm stock market performance?. RESEARCH POLICY, p. 103825-103835. ISSN 0048-7333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2019.103825.
- Morricone, Serena; Munari, Federico; Oriani, Raffaele; de Rassenfosse, Gaetan (2017). Commercialization Strategy and IPO Underpricing. RESEARCH POLICY, p. 1133-1141. ISSN 0048-7333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2017.04.006.
- Binacci, Martina; Peruffo, Enzo; Oriani, Raffaele; Minichilli, Alessandro (2016). Are All Non-Family Managers (NFMs) Equal? The Impact of NFMs Characteristics and Diversity on Family Firm Performance. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, p. 569-583. ISSN 0964-8410. https://doi.org/10.1111/corg.12130.
- Leone, MARIA ISABELLA; Oriani, Raffaele; Reichstein, Toke (2015). How much are flexibility and uncertainty worth in patent licensing?. ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, p. 371-394. ISSN 0391-2078. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40812-015-0020-7.
- Leone, MARIA ISABELLA; Moreira, Solon; Oriani, Raffaele (2015). Financial constraints in Markets for technology: Licensing as a source of finance. ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT ANNUAL MEETING PROCEEDINGS, p. 1-1. ISSN 2151-6561. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMBPP.2015.15091abstract.
- Oriani, Raffaele; Santella, Rosella (2014). Il finanziamento delle Piccole Medie Imprese Italiane tra credit crunch e nuovi scenari. QUADERNI DI RICERCA SULL'ARTIGIANATO, p. 455-472. ISSN 1590-296X. https://doi.org/10.12830/78778.
- Peruffo, Enzo; Oriani, Raffaele; Alessandra, Perri (2014). INFORMATION ASYMMETRIES, FAMILY OWNERSHIP AND DIVESTITURE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE: EVIDENCE FROM WESTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. CORPORATE OWNERSHIP & CONTROL, p. 43-57. ISSN 1810-3057.
- Federico, Munari; Oriani, Raffaele edited by (2011). The Economic Valuation of Patents: Methods and Applications. Edward Elgar, ISBN: 9781848445482.
- Oriani, Raffaele (2011). Strumenti finanziari per l’innovazione, in A. Bonaccorsi, M. Bucchi edited by Trasformare conoscenza, trasferire tecnologia. Dizionario critico delle scienze sociali sulla trasformazione produttiva della conoscenza. Marsilio. p. 206-209. ISBN: 9788831709941.
- Anand, J; Oriani, Raffaele; Vassolo, R. (2010). Alliance Activity as a Dynamic Capability in Face of Discontinuous Technological Change. ORGANIZATION SCIENCE, p. 1213-1232. ISSN 1047-7039.
- F., Munari; Oriani, Raffaele; M., Sobrero (2010). The Effects of Owner identity and External Governance Systems on R&D Investments: A Study of Western European Firms. RESEARCH POLICY, p. 1093-1104. ISSN 0048-7333.
- Chadha, A; Oriani, Raffaele (2010). Market value of R&D in the presence of weak intellectual property rights protection: The case of India. SCIENTOMETRICS, p. 59-74. ISSN 0138-9130.
- Carboni, C.; Castronovo, V.; Delai, N.; Egidi, M.; Marturano, A.; Oriani, Raffaele; Quaglino, G. edited by (2009). Crescere al futuro. Leadership e continuità d'impresa oltre la crisi. IL SOLE 24 ORE, ISBN: 9788863450750.