Dr Fabian Homberg is Associate Professor of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour at LUISS Business School. His current research interests are public service motivation and incentives in private and public sector organizations. He has also been involved in research projects on top management team diversity, motivation, and recently small scale corruption. Among others his research has appeared in Organization Studies, Group and Organization Management, Public Administration Review, Public Administration, Journal of Business Ethics, International Journal of Manpower, American Review of Public Administration and Journal of Management and Governance.
He holds a doctorate from the University of Zurich, Switzerland. He has won several grants including funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation, the British Academy and the UK Intellectual Property Office.
- Asseburg, Julia; Homberg, Fabian (9999). Public Service Motivation or Sector Rewards? Two Studies on the Determinants of Sector Attraction, in REVIEW OF PUBLIC PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION. Month 1, p. 1-30.
- Homberg, Fabian; Vogel, Rick; Weiherl, Julia (9999). Public service motivation and continuous organizational change: Taking charge behaviour at police services, in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. Month 1, p. 1-20.
- Yang, Yumei; Secchi, Davide; Homberg, Fabian (2018). Are organisational defensive routines harmful to the relationship between personality and organisational learning?, in JOURNAL OF BUSINESS RESEARCH. p. 155-164.
- Hinna, Alessandro; Homberg, Fabian; Ceschel, Federico (2018). Anticorruption Reforms and Governance. In: Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance Living Edition, Month 1, p. 1-8. ISBN: 10.1007/978-3-319-31816-5_1984-1.
- Herath, Dinuka; Costello, Joyce; Homberg, Fabian (2017). Team problem solving and motivation under disorganization an agent-based modeling approach, in TEAM PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT. p. 46-65.
- Homberg, Fabian (2017). Public Sector Work and Happiness: An Exploratory Study, in DIE UNTERNEHMUNG. p. 414-428.
- Homberg, Fabian (2017). Developments in human resource management and organizational behaviour - introduction to the special issue, in EVIDENCE-BASED HRM. p. 246-247.
- Costello, Joyce; Homberg, Fabian; Secchi, Davide (2017). The public service-motivated volunteer devoting time or effort: a review and research agenda, in VOLUNTARY SECTOR REVIEW. p. 299-317.
- Vogel, Rick; Homberg, Fabian; Gericke, Alena (2016). Abusive supervision, public service motivation, and employee deviance: The moderating role of employment sector, in EVIDENCE-BASED HRM. p. 214-231.
- Schoeneborn, Dennis; Homberg, Fabian (2016). Goffman’s Return to Las Vegas: Studying Corruption as Social Interaction, in JOURNAL OF BUSINESS ETHICS. Month 1, p. 1-18.
- Chelghoum, Amira; Takeda, Sachiko; Wilczek, Barbara; Homberg, Fabian (2016). The challenges and future of trade unionism in Algeria: a lost cause?, in EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. p. 351-372.
- Homberg, Fabian; Vogel, Rick (2016). Human resource management (HRM) and public service motivation (PSM): Where are we, and where do we go from here?, in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MANPOWER. p. 746-763.
- Homberg, Fabian; Mccarthy, Dermot; Tabvuma, Vurain (2015). A Meta-Analysis of the Relationship between Public Service Motivation and Job Satisfaction, in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION REVIEW. p. 711-722.
- Inauen, Emil; Osterloh, Margit; Frey, Bruno S.; Homberg, Fabian (2015). How a multiple orientation of control reduces governance failures: a focus on monastic auditing, in THE JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE. p. 763-796.
- Takeda, Sachiko; Homberg, Fabian (2014). The effects of gender on group work process and achievement: an analysis through self- and peer-assessment, in BRITISH EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL. p. 373-396.
- Tabvuma, Vurain; Bui, Hong T. M.; Homberg, Fabian (2014). Adaptation to Externally Driven Change: The Impact of Political Change on Job Satisfaction in the Public Sector, in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION REVIEW. p. 384-395.
- Frey, Bruno; Homberg, Fabian; Osterloh, Margit (2013). Organizational Control Systems and Pay-for-Performance in the Public Service, in ORGANIZATION STUDIES. p. 949-972.
- Homberg, Fabian; Bui, Hong T. M. (2013). Top Management Team Diversity: A Systematic Review, in GROUP & ORGANIZATION MANAGEMENT. p. 455-479.
- Inauen, Emil; Rost, Katja; Frey, Bruno S.; Homberg, Fabian; Osterloh, Margit (2010). Monastic Governance: Forgotten Prospects for Public Institutions, in AMERICAN REVIEW OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. p. 631-653.
- Homberg, Fabian; Rost, Katja; Osterloh, Margit (2009). Do synergies exist in related acquisitions? A meta-analysis of acquisition studies, in REVIEW OF MANAGERIAL SCIENCE. p. 75-116.