Cristiano Busco (Ph.D, Manchester Business School, UK) is Professor of Accounting and Integrated Reporting at the Department of Business and Management since November 2014.
Before joining LUISS, Cristiano has held faculty positions at the University of Siena, Italy; National University of Ireland, Galway; Babson College, Boston; Manchester Business School, United Kingdom; University of Southern California, Los Angeles. Currently, Cristiano is also part-time Professor of Accounting and Integrated Reporting at Roehampton University, London. Cristiano has also earned a Master degree from the Manchester Business School, United Kingdom, and a Bachelor degree in Economics and Banking Sciences from the University of Siena.
Cristiano research interests are in the field of management accounting, performance measurement and management, as well as integrated thinking and reporting. Cristiano has published articles in leading peer-reviewed journals such as Contemporary Accounting Research, Management Accounting Research, Journal of Management and Governance, Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, Journal of Accounting and Change, Business Horizons as well as in professional journals such as the Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, Strategic Finance and Financial Management.
Currently Cristiano is on the Editorial Board of the following peer-reviewed journals: Management Accounting Research, Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, Journal of Accounting and Organizational Change.
- Busco, Cristiano; Quattrone, Paolo (9999). In Search of the "Perfect One": How accounting as a maieutic machine sustains inventions through generative 'in-tensions', in MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. Month 1, p. 1-16.
- Arnaboldi, Michela; Busco, Cristiano; Cuganesan, Suresh (2017). Accounting, accountability, social media and big data: revolution or hype?, in ACCOUNTING, AUDITING & ACCOUNTABILITY JOURNAL. p. 762-776.
- Busco, Cristiano; Giovannoni, Elena; Riccaboni, Angelo (2017). Sustaining multiple logics within hybrid organisations: Accounting, mediation and the search for innovation, in ACCOUNTING, AUDITING & ACCOUNTABILITY JOURNAL. p. 191-216.
- Busco, Cristiano; Quattrone, Paolo (2015). Exploring How the Balanced Scorecard Engages and Unfolds: Articulating the Visual Power of Accounting Inscriptions, in CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. p. 1236-1262.
- Busco, Cristiano; Caglio, Ariela; Scapens, Robert W. (2014). Management and accounting innovations: reflecting on what they are and why they are adopted, in THE JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE. p. 495-524.
- Cristiano Busco; Mark L. Frigo; Paolo Quattrone; Angelo Riccaboni (2014). Leading practices in integrated reporting: management accountants will guide their companies on the journey to value creation, in STRATEGIC FINANCE. p. 23-32.
- Busco, Cristiano; Frigo, Mark L.; Quattrone, Paolo; Riccaboni, Angelo (2013). Integrated reporting: concepts and cases that redefine corporate accountability. Month 1, p. 1-350. ISBN: 10.1007/978-3-319-02168-3.
- Cristiano Busco; Mark L. Frigo; Paolo Quattrone; Angelo Riccaboni (2013). Redefining corporate accountability through integrated reporting: what happens when values and value creation meet?, in STRATEGIC FINANCE. p. 33-41.
- Busco, Cristiano; Barretta, Antonio (2011). Technologies of government in public sector’s networks: In search of cooperation through management control innovations, in MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. p. 211-219.
- Busco C.; Scapens R. (2011). Management accounting systems and organisational culture: Interpreting their linkages and processes of change, in QUALITATIVE RESEARCH IN ACCOUNTING & MANAGEMENT. p. 320-357.
- Cristiano Busco; Angelo Riccaboni (2010). Governo e gestione delle performance d'impresa. Torino: Pearson Education. Month 1, p. 1-220. ISBN: 9788871926216.
- C. BUSCO (2005). Performance measurement, (un)learning and change: an interdisciplinary perspective. PADOVA: CEDAM. p. 1-269. ISBN: 9788813260354.