Born on February 20, 1977. Citizenship: Italian
2007-. Assistant Professor in Economics at LUISS "Guido Carli" University (Rome, Italy).
2009-. Fellow CeLEG, LUISS "Guido Carli" University.
2005-2007 Post-Doctoral Studies (Jean Monnet Fellowship and Max Weber Fellowship) at the European University Institute (EUI).
2001-2005 Ph.D in Economics, University of Rome 1 "La Sapienza".
2000 Laurea (B.A.) in Economia Politica? 110/110 summa cum laude, University of Bologna.
1995 High School Degree (Diploma di maturità): 60/60.
2006. Winner of the "Giulio Capodaglio" Prize from the Department of Economics of the University of Bologna for the doctoral dissertation.
2005. Winner of the 2005 SIE Prize from the Italian Economic Association ("Società Italiana degli Economisti") for "The Best Doctoral Thesis in Economics of the Year".
2006-2007. Max Weber Fellowship from the European University Institute
2005-2006. Jean Monnet Fellowship from the European University Institute.
2004-2005. Marie Curie Fellowship (MERIT, University of Maastricht).
2001-2004. Doctoral scholarship from the University of Rome 1 "La Sapienza".
2011-2012. Instructor at LUISS University: "Microeconomics" (first year, undergraduate), "Macroeconomics" (second year, undergraduate).
2010-2011. Instructor at LUISS University: "Microeconomics" (first year, undergraduate), "Macroeconomics" (second year, undergraduate).
2009-2010. Instructor at LUISS University: "Microeconomics" (first year, undergraduate), "Politica Economica" (second year, undergraduate).
2008-2009. Instructor at LUISS University: "Macroeconomics" (first year, undergraduate), "Economics of Innovation and Growth" (graduate).
2006-2008. Instructor at LUISS University: "Economics of Innovation and Growth" (graduate)
2004. T.A. at the faculty of Economics, University of Maastricht. Courses: "Macroeconomics", "International Economics" (undergraduate).
Seminars and Conference Presentations
International Economic Association (Tsinghua University, Beijing, July 2011), 10th
Journées Louis-André Gérard Varet (IDEP, Marseille, June 2011), Conferenza della Società Italiana degli Economisti (Catania, October 2010), University of Copenhagen (September 2009), University of Milano Bicocca (April 2009), Macro-Dynamics Workshop (Bank of Italy, Rome, December 2008), ASSET Conference (EUI, Florence, November 2008), ELSNIT Conference (EUI, Florence, October 2008), LUISS University (February 2008, January 2007), European Economic Association Conference (Vienna, August 2006), University of Heidelberg (April 2006), Mannheim-Heidelberg seminar series (July 2006), University of Rome "La Sapienza" (June 2008, February 2005), European University Institute (October 2006, September 2005), Minimax regret and related concepts (EUI, February 2007), MERIT (Maastricht University, February 2005), International Conference on Banking and Finance (Tor Vergata University, Rome, 2005), University of Massachusetts at Amherst (March, 2004).
Economics of Governance, Economics and Politics, International Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Economic Growth, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Portuguese Economic Journal, Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Italian Ministry of Research (PRIN).
CeLEG seminar series 2011, LUISS Departmental Seminars, Fall 2007, Spring and Fall 2008, Spring and Fall 2009.
Visiting Scholar (more than one month):
July 2004 - July 2005. MERIT (Maastricht University, Netherlands), Marie Curie Fellow.
July&August 2006. University of Mannheim (Germany), post-doctoral research fellow.
Involved in the following Funded Projects:
2007: University of Mannheim. Associate researcher for the project "Sonderforschungsbereich 504" on "Strategic Uncertainty in Economic Models". Supervisor: Prof. Jurgen Eichberger.
2005-2007: University of Rome "La Sapienza" (Department of Public Economics). Researcher for the project "Innovation and Research in the European Union. Public Policy and Private Investments". Supervisor: Prof. M. Franzini.
2001-2002: University of Bologna (Department of Economics). Junior researcher for the project "Income Concentration and Market Demand". Supervisor: Prof. C. Benassi.
Innovation and Technological Progress, Self-fulfilling Prophecies, Policy Games and Coordination, Behavioral Macroeconomics.
- The Puzzle of Immigration Policy (with Michele Ruta), in the Review of international economics, Vol. 19(5), 2011.
- Ambiguity Attitude, R&D Investments and Economic Growth (with Guido Cozzi), in the Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Vol. 21(2), 2011.
- On Robust Equilibria in Asymmetric R&D-Driven Growth Economies
(with Luca Zamparelli), in Decisions in Economics and Finance, Vol. 34(1), 2011.
- Decision Makers Facing Uncertainty: Theory Vs. Evidence (with Karl Schlag and Sanne Zwart): in the Journal of Economic Psychology, Vol. 31(4), 2010.
- The importance of Industrial Policy in the Quality-Ladder Growth Models (with Luca Zamparelli): in The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics Vol. 7 : Iss. 1, 2008 (Topics).
- The Refoundation of Symmetric Equilibrium in Schumpeterian Growth Models (with Guido Cozzi and Luca Zamparelli), in the Journal of Economic Theory , Vol. 136(1), 2007.
- Do Sunspots Matter under Complete Ignorance? (with Guido Cozzi), in Research in Economics 3, 2006.
- Prejudice and Immigration (with Michele Ruta). CeLEG Working Paper n. 0904, 2009, submitted 2012.
- Uncertainty Averse Bank Runners (with Guido Cozzi). Working Paper 2008_03, Department of Economics, University of Glasgow, under review 2012.
- Coordination Failures in Immigration Policy (with Michele Ruta): CeLEG Working Paper, 1101, WTO Staff Working Paper ERSD-2011-012, and LLEE Working Document n. 91, revise&resubmit at The Journal of International Economics.
- On the Dynamic Implications of Internal Finance in R&D Races (with Carlos Ponce): in progress, 2012.
- Strategic Complementarities in the Process of Innovation: Theory and Evidence, in progress, 2012.
- Food Prices and the Multiplier Effect of Export Policy (with Nadia Rocha and Michele Ruta): in progress, 2012.
- Innovazione e ricerca nella teoria neoclassica (with Luca Zamparelli), in "Ricerca, innovazione e crescita in Europa: fatti, teorie e politiche" (edited by M. Franzini, M. Giannini and L. Zamparelli). EGEA: Bocconi University Press, forthcoming 2012.
- La politica industriale nei modelli di crescita con innovazione verticale (with Luca Zamparelli), in "Ricerca, innovazione e crescita in Europa: fatti, teorie e politiche" (edited by M. Franzini, M. Giannini and L. Zamparelli). EGEA: Bocconi University Press, forthcoming 2012.
- Decision-Making under Uncertainty: Applications to Sunspot Theory and Schumpeterian Growth Theory, in the Rivista Italiana degli Economisti, n. 1 (2006): publication of a long abstract of the doctoral dissertation as winner of the SIE prize 2005.